Saturday, July 23, 2005

Bomb Suspect Sawn in Half by UK Police

Shocked London commuters were recovering Saturday after an Asian man was sawn in half earlier today in front of the horrified travellers by a special British anti-terror squad.

The drama began when police guarding a platform began to bundle an unidentified Asian into a wooden box. Several male police officers then began to saw the box in half -while female colleagues wearing fishnet tights amused shocked onlookers.

"You could see his feet poking out of one end of the box and his hands wiggling at the other end, eyewitness Haile Gullible said later. "When they pulled the woden box in half, I was stunned."

Today's terrifying incident came after police yesterday shot another Asian man they had pursued into an underground carriage. Plainclothes police pumped five shots into the man before he eventually said: "Ok, I'm dead." An ambulance arrived on the scene in 4.5 seconds.

But Assistant Chief Police Commissioner, Stephen Spoilberg defended the actions of his men. "I have never worked with a better crew," he told journalists at a press conference. "The atmosphere on the set was terrific. They were so focussed. Props, stunts, post-production -everybody did a great job."

The very observant Mt. Whitby: "The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him." [Source]

Commuter Teri Godly said she stood next to the man before police charged in. "A tall Asian guy, shaved head, slight beard, with a rucksack got in front of me. Shortly after that, as I was about to get onto the train, eight or nine undercover police with walkie talkies and handguns started screaming at everyone to 'get out, get out'." [Source]

The Asian man then bolted down an escalator and tried to get on a train... Train passenger Mark Whitby, an eyewitness to the shooting, said: "He basically looked like a cornered rabbit, like a cornered fox. He looked absolutely petrified. "He sort of tripped but they were hotly pursuing him and couldn't have been more than two or three feet behind him at this time. I saw it. He's dead, five shots, he's dead." [Source]

Another passenger, Rob Lowe, 33, from Balham, saw the incident from another viewpoint in the carriage. "The tube was stationary and then a man came on who I presume now to be a plain-clothes policeman, but at the time I didn't know who he was," he said.

"He was looking quite shifty, getting up and sitting back down again. I felt a bit awkward around him. And then he seemed to shout at some people on the other platform, who then all came rushing. The tube suddenly filled up with loads of people running down to the end of my carriage. "Then I heard probably four or five loud bangs and saw a bit of smoke "I have never heard a gun go off before but the bangs sounded like what I would presume a gun to sound like." [Source] [also]

Anthony Larkin, another passenger, said he thought the shot man had been wearing a bomb belt. "I saw these police officers in uniform and out of uniform shouting 'get down, get down', and I saw this guy who appeared to have a bomb belt and wires coming out and people were panicking and I heard two shots being fired," he said.

Ben Anderson, in the next carriage, spoke of confusion and more shouting. "A lot of people were screaming. The first gunshot was fired and I started to run out of the Tube and up the stairs and then there were a lot of shots afterwards. Outside the police were everywhere, they cordoned off the area very quickly." [Source]


Anonymous mother of satan said...

Stockwell has two lines running through it, the Northern Line and the Victoria Line. The shooting took place at 10 am.

At 9.30 am, one stop north on the Victoria Line, Vauxhall tube was closed. A police car blocked the road to the south (part of the bus station). To the north at least a dozen emergency vehicles were lined up on the Albert Embankment. I counted four fire trucks, two command trucks and one ambulance as well as numerous police cars as I passed in the bus.

I have seen nothing about this in the media.

2:25 pm  
Blogger nascarblue said...

Thank you for compounding all the bogus disinfo coming from eyewitnesses. I wonder which witness, if any, actually saw it.

5:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home