Thursday, April 07, 2005

America's Most Servile Take the T-Bill Test

"This 'America's Most Servile' chart is based on the % change in dollar holdings from Jan 04 to Jan 05. And what do you know, the Pirates of the Carribbean have managed to surpass even the UK in terms of outright subservience and bootlicking. Quite an achievement. Once again, it is left to France to show the way."

"Who would have figured? Who still remembers? I mean, what is it about the French that they are able to sniff these things out anyway? After dusting off my trusty economics history book, I realize that it was France redeeming their dollars for gold, at the then official price of $35 per ounce, at the direction of Charles de Gaulle - that knocked the world off the gold standard collapsing the Bretton Woods System just over 30 years ago during the Nixon administration? All of this got me thinking. Is this a case of, Oops!...I Did It Again or would this encore sophomoric performance be better described as foreshadow; as in do it to me - Baby One More Time?"

Full Chart Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home